We have all been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: Kimbrough Dental’s commitment to your health and safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, as you may have noticed during your visits to our office. Our infection control practices are designed so that when you receive care, it is always both safe and comfortable.
We follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and closely monitor their activities so that we are up to date on all new rulings or guidance issued.
We have made some changes in order to reopen for regular appointments safely, which will help protect you and our staff. Some changes you will see are:
- Our office will communicate with you in advance to ask some health screening questions. These questions will be asked again when you arrive for your appointment, and we will take your temperature before you enter the building.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you call us from your car, and we will come get you when we are ready for you. Only two people will be allowed in the reception area at any time to comply with social distancing.
- We ask that you wear a mask to your appointment, as you will need to wear them everywhere except in the treatment chair. Our staff must wear a mask if patients are present.
- We ask that you do not bring extra companions with you unless they are essential. If you have an essential companion with you, the ADH prefers your companion stays in the car. If they must come into the treatment room with you, they will need to undergo screening and wear a mask and face shield, as directed by the ADH.
- The staff will clean and disinfect all surfaces between patients.
- We will ask for you to use our hand sanitizer when you arrive, and sanitizer will be made available to you throughout the office.
- We will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be spaced out to allow for social distancing between patients. That could mean there are fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We are keeping the office colder than usual due to all of the extra PPE we are wearing, so you may want to bring a blanket or sweater from home.
We look forward to seeing you again, and are happy to answer any questions or discuss concerns you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 479-751-9899, or visit our website at www.kimbroughdental.com.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
The Kimbrough Dental Care Team